Topeka Personal Injury Lawyer
Thousands of Serious Injury & Wrongful Death Cases Handled
There are so many things in life that are outside of our control. The weather in Topeka, how someone likes our presentation at work, the prices at the gas station—we don’t have any say in these matters, but these things are fairly inconsequential. However, there are certain events that can lead to devastating circumstances, and we shouldn’t have to just sit by. If you or a loved one has sustained an injury from an incident or negligence where someone else was at fault, you deserve to get the help you need.
Things happened that were outside of your control and now it’s time to take this control back. You shouldn’t have to suffer as a repercussion of someone else’s actions, and Roger Fincher Attorney at Law is the personal injury lawyer who could help get your life back on track. Serving as an attorney for more than 25 years, Roger Fincher has the experience and knowledge you’re looking for in a lawyer. The time for justice could be now. Take a look at some of the ways in which our Topeka personal injury law office could make a difference in your life.
Contact Roger Fincher Attorney at Law to get started. Call (785) 222-4066 or submit an online request form for a free case evaluation.
Before we dive into some of the many aspects of working with a personal injury lawyer, it can help to get a feel for some of the legal jargon you might come across throughout our site:
- Damages: A (usually financial) award, given to the plaintiff as compensation for their injury and/or losses
- Mediation: A process where the defendant and the plaintiff discuss the issue at hand and are assisted by an impartial third party to try and reach a settlement
- Defendant: A person or entity (such as a company) being accused in a court of law
- Plaintiff: The person who brings a case against someone else in a court of law
- Settlement: An official agreement that's made to resolve the legal problem between two parties, usually involving some form of monetary compensation
Why Work with a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Many people are hesitant to get started with a lawyer and for good reason. They might feel that they don’t have enough of a case to win or are often tired of feeling hopeless—and the thought of building hope once more only to have it potentially come crashing down is practically painful. And yet, there is a chance that you could see justice. You could potentially receive compensation for damages, you could potentially get your medical costs covered, and you could, on the whole, get your life back. Like anything in life, there’s a risk and nothing is a guarantee.
But with a personal injury lawyer, there are so many benefits that you could find yourself experiencing and the only question you end up having is, “Why didn’t I start with Roger Fincher sooner?” See some of the many benefits that can come from simply contacting our law firm. We’ve seen the difference that our legal team can help create for our clients, and are always looking for more people to help. With a personal injury lawyer, you could:
- Receive Medical Compensation: If you were in an accident that was not your fault and you are suffering from an injury or loss, there’s a good chance you’re experiencing the pressures of added medical expenses. Whether needing medical coverage for you or a loved one, this is an additional source of stress that you should not have to experience. Having to worry about paying your bills on time is the last thing you should have on your mind. Not to mention, you could be foregoing essential treatment simply because you don’t have the finances to cover the extent of your injury. This could only make things worse, and that one motor vehicle accident that began and ended within seconds could end up affecting the rest of your life. With a Topeka personal injury lawyer, you could have a chance to receive financial compensation to help cover these medical costs. Your focus could then be solely pointed at trying to get well again, which should be the most important thing of all.
- Get Covered for Mental Health Support: Undergoing some form of trauma has an effect on all of us. In some instances, healing does not only exist (or is only needed) at the physical level. Getting the mental help we need is an essential part of getting well, and learning to cope and thrive once more in day-to-day life. Yet, as is the case with medical treatment of any kind, this can be costly. Oftentimes, we abstain from getting the professional mental help we need because of these added expenses. When your case is taken by a personal injury lawyer, this can create the potential for getting the coverage you need and mean you can receive the emotional support services you need to begin recovering.
- Receive Compensation for Lost Wages: If an accident or another form of negligence left you unable to attend your job, you very well could have missed out on a necessary source of income. If a settlement is reached, a personal injury lawyer can potentially help you get compensated for the time that you were unable to work. This means the wages you could have been making—had you been able to work—during this period of time could essentially be reimbursed.
- Have Property Potentially Fixed: Sometimes accidents result in damaged (or even destroyed) property. If this is the case, a personal injury lawyer will likely take this into account when considering your case and potential settlement. Instead of having to stress over getting your car back on track or your motorcycle back on the road, you could end up having it fixed and paid for. This alleviates yet another one of the struggles that you may have faced from the events that took place and could help you be one step closer to feeling like life is returning back to normal.
- Feel Your Peace of Mind Restored: Any incident that results in someone looking into legal action usually stems from a sense of imbalance. Your whole world was tipped upside down, you might feel like everything has changed, and you’re just looking for a way to get everything back in order. Working with a personal injury lawyer is, again, not a guarantee. But this could be the move you need to make to feel your peace of mind restored once more. At the very least, getting in touch with Roger Fincher Attorney at Law could be the first step towards gaining a sense of normalcy in your life once more.
Cases We Handle
At Roger Fincher Attorney at Law, we handle a wide range of personal injury matters, including:
- Car Accidents: This is one of the most common and well-known types of personal injury legal cases. Automobile accidents can be a significant source of injury and, in fact, result in an average of 37,000 deaths per year and over 2.35 million injuries per year—in the United States alone. If you are injured in a car accident and don’t believe to be at fault, you are far from the only one. Our legal team can consult with you about the potential of your accident turning into a viable case, one in which you could receive proper compensation and reimbursement. Schedule a free consultation with our law firm today!
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcycles are often considered one of the most dangerous motor vehicles. This is not always due to the operator of the motorcycle, but because they are often harder to see on the road by other drivers and offer significantly less protection than a car. Contact our team for your free initial consultation.
- Truck Accidents: Driving next to trucks on the highway is a source of anxiety for many people, and it’s pretty understandable as to why this is. Trucks are massive and the visibility of drivers is often compromised from their sheer size. Since many drivers are on a deadline or have been driving for hours, mistakes can absolutely happen—and the consequences can be severe. Our Topeka personal injury lawyer has represented individuals and families who have been injured due to faulty driving on the part of a truck driver. We hope this scary situation never happens to you and your family but if it does, know that our legal team is the one to call.
- Product Liability: We see product recalls and cancellations on a regular basis in the news. As perfect as we can try to make something, things happen and our products can fail us. Sometimes, a product failure is simply an inconvenience but in other situations, it can result in serious injury. When a product has caused injury or illness to you as an act of negligence of the manufacturer, you could be entitled to receiving a settlement—and our personal injury lawyer would be more than happy to learn more about your potential case. Schedule a free consultation with Roger Fincher Attorney at Law.
- Premises Liability: Tripping over the sidewalk or getting cut by a metal fence outside a business can absolutely happen to the best of us and many times, it’s no one’s fault. Accidents happen and it’s just a part of life. However, there are some instances where significant injury and damage can happen to a person and it is the property owner’s fault. Roger Fincher Attorney at Law takes many cases that deal with premise liability. If you’ve been significantly injured due to an unsafe and/or neglected property, you could have a case. Get in touch with our personal injury lawyer to learn more.
- Wrongful Death: The death of a loved one is one of the most tragic and terrible things to face. The matter becomes even more intense if you believe your loved one passed away due to negligence, or from some cause that you think could have been avoided. Getting appropriate compensation can help provide some comfort during this incredibly difficult time, to help pay for funeral expenses and/or existing medical costs. This can help provide you with proper time to grieve and heal and to hopefully regain some peace in this otherwise awful situation. Fill out our contact form and someone will get back to you shortly.
We also assist clients with catastrophic injury and work injury claims. Reach out to our Topeka personal injury attorney today for a free consultation.
In order for your situation to have true potential as a case, you need to be aware of the time limitations that exist in Kansas. The most important thing to remember is that there is a two-year statute of limitations, meaning you have two years from the day of the event to pursue a legal course of action.
Here are some other things to keep in mind about Kansas time limitations:
- A Few Minutes: How long it takes to fill out a form to consult with our personal injury lawyer
- Months to Years: The amount of time it can take for a case to reach a settlement (or verdict, it the case goes to trial)
- Several Months: How long it can take for all the necessary documentation to get in order
- Two Years: Years you have from the time of an injury is sustained to the time you need to take legal action (if you so choose)
Choose a Lawyer with Experience
You’ve suffered some struggles, you’ve experienced some turmoil, but now is the time to see if a change is going to come. Contact our legal team to see if the results of your accident can be remedied—get started today with a personal injury lawyer you can trust.
Use our online contact form or call (785) 222-4066 to request your complimentary consultation today.
Choose Roger Fincher for Your Personal Injury Lawyer
This time period in your life is serious and scary, but our law firm is here to help. See why our personal injury lawyer can make all the difference in your case, as well as why you could experience incredible benefits through choosing us to represent you.
At Roger Fincher Attorney at Law, we offer:
- Zero Risk: Roger Fincher Attorney at Law doesn’t simply offer a free consultation. We will not charge you for our services unless we win the case. If we decide to take you on as a client, you will not pay us unless we win. We are that confident in the legal strategies that we can provide, and you and your needs are always our first priority.
- Experience: With more than 25 years of legal experience, we have built our profession on doing our job and serving clients to the utmost of our abilities. You can absolutely trust in the legal services you get when you choose a personal injury lawyer with over two decades in the industry. Additionally, Roger Fincher has served on the Topeka Bar Association – Professional Ethics Committee for many years, as well as being an active member in the Kansas Association for Justice.
- Talent: Roger Fincher has been asked to speak on a bevy of topics to other lawyers, due to his success and talent as a personal injury lawyer. While no case can be considered a guarantee, there’s something to be said about a personal injury lawyer who is relied on for his knowledge and experience. On top of this, Roger Fincher has been recognized and listed as one of the “Best Lawyers in America” in a number of publications.
“Roger does an outstanding job representing his clients. I highly recommend him.”
Free Case Evaluations
Excellent Client Reviews
Thousands of Cases Settled